MrTickTock 2.8 has just been released and published at http://mrticktock.com.
This version brings one major improvement:
- Restricted users
Number of actions that restricted users can perform is limited to the absolute minimum. Restricted user role is a great solution for external contractors who should work only on assigned tasks and do not see other details like list of projects and customers.
Restricted users are allowed to:
- Report time only for assigned tasks (admin is responsible for adding tasks to Tick-Tock view of this user).
- Add standup notes to assigned tasks.
- See standup notes related to assigned task and its project.
- See assigned task details (e.g. list of other users working on the same task).
Restricted users are NOT allowed to:
- Add tasks to Tick-Tock view.
- See Tasks tab.
- Perform any task action (hide, close, reopen, create, etc.).
- See Standup reports for other projects and customers.
- See list of projects or customers.
- See projects or customers details.
Other changes in this version:
- Edit settings of another user is now a Premium feature
The rationale behind this move is that editing settings of another user is a natural extension of editing timesheet of another user which is already a Premium feature. We have combined them together in order to make the service and our Premium vs Free approach more clear.
- Disable time reporting for past dates is now a Premium feature
It was supposed to be Premium feature from the beginning as described here.
As usually this release contains bunch of bug fixes and improvements.What's next?
In next versions we are going to add:
- Vacation requests approval.
- Custom absence types.
Try all of that at mrticktock.com and follow us on Twitter if you haven't already.
If you want to share a feedback please drop a comment below or browse our
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.