MrTickTock for Android is an easy to use Android application. It allows to manage tasks and track time so you don't have to visit mrticktock.com website if you have Android device in your pocket.
It connects to the mrticktock.com in the background if possible and sends all reports to the system so users can benefit from the web UI and features.
We tried to make MrTickTock for Android as simple and useful as possible. Personally I use it every day to track my time automatically. I sometimes adjust the tracked value manually if I forget to switch tasks or leave the phone in the office when going for a lunch.
Here is the list of current features:
- Manual time reporting
Simply enter how much time you have worked and press 'Send Report'. It works in exactly the same way as reporting time on the web. Simple but useful.
- In/Out tracking
Press 'Start Work' button and MrTickTock for Android will start the timer. Press 'Stop Work' and timer will stop. Tracked timed will be sent online or saved to the Log if no internet connection is available.
- Automatic tracking
This is the coolest and very unique feature. We have found only one other Android time tracker offering similar thing as a beta.
If you work in the office and there is available WiFi network, just mark it as the office one (in the settings). MrTickTock for Android will start tracking your time automatically when you enter the office and stop when you leave. The nice thing is that it does not require access (password) to the WiFi. It simply checks if the network is in range. Therefore it will work also if you visit your customers' office but can't log into their network or if your company does not allow to access WiFi from devices other than workstations.
- Log view
It contains all time reports which have not been saved online to the server. The most common reason for that is missing internet connection when tracking was being stopped.
Users can simply delete the Log entry or send it to the server.
- Task management
MrTickTock for Android allows to create and delete tasks. The task list can be filtered by Customers and Projects - quite useful if the list is very long. Next version will allow to close and reopen tasks.
Next versions will contain bunch of new features:
- Close/Reopen task.
- Add note to the time report (e.g. work description) - visible as a Scrum report at mrticktock.com
- Allow to mark day as Sick/Off/Non-working - visible online to the team members.
- Summary view - show tracked time and tasks for today, yesterday, last week and month.
- Widget - start/stop tracking and preview of tracked time.
- Export report to DropBox or save locally - MrTickTock reports are flexible. You can choose customers, projects or tasks, date range and grouping method to get exactly what you need as CSV, PDF or HTML file.
- Automatic tracking based on location (GPS, AGPS, etc.) - great solution for people working outside the office (geologists, builders and others).
We will strive to release new versions of MrTickTock for Android every month.
If you tried MrTickTock for Android or have any suggestions, please let us know. Email us at info(at)mrticktock.com or raise an issue at https://jira.spartez.com//browse/TTA.
Follow us on Twitter to get latest news.